We are planning a Big Salifest for our 10th Anniversary! We have secured funding for activities before, see 10th Salifest project
Facebook event: 10th Salifest
Please join us to make the 10th Anniversary truly special! It’s all free in the style of an African Sacrifice, everyone is invited to attend and to contribute in the spirit of Salif!
10 years of Salifest: Saturday, 30.September 12 – 17.30
We will have:
- African Drumming & Dancing Workshops with Djely, Souleymane, Pape, Ziggy, Mariama, Abram, Vieux, Hassan and many more:
- 12, midday: small children drum workshop
- 12.30: elders African Dance workout,
- 1.15 drum & dance, A. Vieux Bakayoko;
- 2pm djembe with A. Bakayoko;
- African Food & Home-made cakes,
- Black History Month Quiz and displays with LEMP,
- info of our work in Africa,
- Intergenerational board games corner,
- Hand-crafted items with Cynthia and Julie,
- Mariama’s Massage,
- Kids corner,
- Sock-puppet making and other crafts activities,
- Live Performances of African music, Reggae, special guest Lady J, community bands and other styles.
for more info contact: email@example.com
or 07528703662 for next year
Every year on the last Saturday in September we organise a community festival to remember and celebrate Salif and his generous spirit. Everybody attending and contributing gives their time, skills and energy freely from their heart. Nobody is paid and it is running completely on whatever attendees are able to contribute. This is very important to us and we very much appreciate everybody, who donates a bit of themselves with equal value of all contributors.
Since Alanouwaly Salifou Sylla Foundation is about cultural exchange and getting people together, absolutely everybody is welcome to contribute. There are performance opportunities for any style of music.
We allocate a children’s play-area with toys/crafts inside and there is space to run around or play football outside. We have many volunteers cooking yummy African food and home-made cakes for all of us with a sweet tooth. We have a stall selling many donated goods and information about our activities are displayed. We are always welcoming new people and groups to share music food and fun with us. Salifest 2016 was wonderful celebration with many different musicians, volunteers and families coming together to make the day special.
See Salifest 2016 news.
Salif Fest is both a Fundraising event, and a Community Festival to bring people from all backgrounds, cultures, abilities and ages together and creating friendship and understanding of each other’s culture through music and celebration. Understanding and Fun creates Harmony!