Learning and Information Centre Project
Education and knowledge are the key to improve your life.
But Guinea faces:
- poverty ranking: 178 out of 187 (Unicef )
- literacy at 29%
- skills training hampered by a complete lack of resources
- lack of resources and expertise holding back all development
- women have less chance of getting skills and knowledge
To help people to find solutions for themselves we have raised funds to complete the building of a learning and information centre at the Alanouwaly Centre in Donghol Guinea.
Alanouwaly Guinea Centre now offers:
- ICT training with 50/50 male and female students
- skill acquisition and development,
- community exchange
For this project we have successfully collected for:
- – – construction of house for projects
- – – 3Kw Solar system & installation
- – – computers and equipment
- – – computer rooms with tables chairs, electricity and other equipment
- – – flatscreen Television & DVD player
The computer learning centre has now started. We are still looking for donations of working computers, in particular desktops.
Update on sewing project:
We have 20 sewing machines and a lot of materials donated by IKEA and the electricity to run this, but:
The sewing training needs around £1500 to complete building works.
We are fundraising to get the sewing project off the ground. In the meantime are lending sewing machines to local women to increase their income.
All projects are working towards self-sufficiency.
You can donate here or by clicking on the donate button on the right.