Alanouwaly Salifou Sylla Foundation was founded in honour of Salifou Sylla, who died young in a car crash in 2008. Salifou was an exceptional african musician and dancer with huge generosity who had a vision of creating an understanding across cultures through his artistic skills and ability to inspire, connect and unify.
To build community and partnership between people of Guinea/West-africa and UK/Europe to assist and improve each other’s life through inclusive and respectful exchange of skills, knowledge, music and culture.
to develop understanding and co-operation between people of Guinea/West-Africa and UK/Europe by promoting the cultures and relationships through:
- fundraising and undertaking development projects that address issues of health and poverty in Africa
- organising workshops in African music & dance
- the annual Salifest with performances, food & workshops
- highlighting issues and life in Africa
- enlist supporters and volunteers to support our aims
to support our partner organisations in Guinea/West-Africa to develop a Community Centre to
- to empower local community with skills and materials needed to improve their quality of life and enhance their social economy
- help with environmental sustainable and affordable solutions for local communities (eg clean water sources, DIY energy production,..)
- promote Guinean/African arts and culture